Tuesday, March 29, 2016

Dear Lincoln,

I am so sorry! I have been awful about writing letters. Between blogging on the family blog and making videos, I feel like I just don't have any desire to write letters! I hope you never think it's because I don't love you enough! I can't even describe how much I adore having you in our family! :)

I want to write you about your blessing! We blessed you February 21st and were able to do the blessing in Davis County! That was so fun because we were able to have almost all of our friends and family there! :) That being said, it was also extremely stressful! Bentrly threw up the day before we left, but he seemed okay on the actual day we were leaving, so off we went. The night before we blessed you Bently woke up in the middle of the night screaming that his throat hurt. Needless to say the next morning we were all exhausted. Especially you! You did not want to sleep outside of your crib! You resisted napping our whole trip! So you were very very cranky!

The night arrived and Bently was miserably sick. And you sweet baby were miserably tired and cranky! I was standing in the back holding you so you wouldn't cry. It was time for the blessing, the whole room was super quiet. That's when you decided to projectile vomit all over the table behind me. It was pretty funny! The table made it much louder and every body heard it and had a good chuckle!

Then it was time for you to be blessed. I handed you off to your Dad and sat down to listen. Of course I cried quite a bit through your blessing! It was beautiful!

A few thins you were blessed with:
To be athletic
To be a leader and have other look to you and follow your example.
Lincoln you're being watched over by many special spirits and your Uncle Jonathan is watching over you.
Blessed to take a princess to the temple and to lead your family in righteousness.
Blessed to be healthy and strong.

You screamed through the whole blessing. I mean screamed. The  minute it was over and everyone took their hands away you immediately stopped screaming. It was actually pretty funny how immediate it was. Like a light switch turned off. :-)

After that you got passed around a lot and even caught a few naps! It was such a special day and I was so grateful, once again, to have you as my son! My beautiful little boy. Words could not describe how much I love you!

On a totally different note, you slept in your bed the whole night last night! Now you usually start in your bed, but end up in my bed for at least half of the night. Well last night you went into your crib at 9 and didn't wake up till 4:30! :) It was incredible! I can't remember the last time I went had that much uninterrupted sleep! Then I fed you and actually stayed awake to put you back in your bed! So basically, you slept all night in your own bed! It was amazing! You are such a wonderful baby and I am so grateful to have you handsome boy!

Tomorrow your 6 months old and I can hardly believe it! But I'll talk more about that tomorrow! ;)

Love,
Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment